All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps trainee teachers develop the professional skills, knowledge and understanding they need in order to be an excellent primary school teacher.
- Author BiographyMike Carroll is the PGDE (Primary and Secondary) Programme Leader as well as being the Director of the MEd Professional Learning and Enquiry programme in the School of Education, University of Glasgow. Mike contributes to a range of Initial Teacher Education programmes. He has also been involved in programmes for serving teachers, with a particular interest in the development of leadership at all levels in the school; this work has including contributions to courses for teacher leaders, middle leaders as well as the Scottish Qualification for Headship. Mike has published a number of articles on his research interest including the development of collaborative enquiry, professional learning communities, accomplished teaching and science education; he contributed to Literature Review on Teacher Education in the 21st Century in support of the Donaldson Review of Teacher Education. Mike is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and the College of Teachers. Margaret McCulloch is a University Teacher within the School of Education, University of Glasgow. She worked for many years as a primary teacher, specialising in Support for Learning, before becoming an Inclusion Development Officer and has extensive experience of working collaboratively with parents, teachers and colleagues from other professions. She is a year co-ordinator on the BEd programme and teaches on the Masters in Inclusive Education programme; she is also the School of Education's disability co-ordinator. Her research interests include professional identity in teacher education, inclusive education and dyslexia. She has written on Inter-professional approaches to practice (Forde et al., 2011); she contributed to the Literature Review on Teacher Education in the 21st Century (Scottish Government, 2010) and to the Assessment at Transition report (Scottish Government, 2012).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight576 g
- Width183 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMargaret McCulloch,Mike Carroll
Most relevant reviews
- macelect02 Nov, 2014by
excellant product with fast delivery.
bought as a present for a student teacher who has found it very useful in her endeavours to become qualified.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.81Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.