All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssential reading for all those teaching or training to teach primary mathematics, tackling the knowledge and skills required to successfully teach the tricky area of problem solving.
- Author BiographyPatrick Barmby is a Lecturer in Primary Mathematics at Durham University and is the Programme Director for the BA Primary Education course at Durham. Patrick's area of research is in primary mathematics, with a particular focus on developing children's understanding in maths. He has also carried out research projects on developing teachers' knowledge in primary maths. For him, one of the best parts of teaching on the Primary Education degree at Durham University is not only influencing student teachers' practice in primary maths, but also being influenced himself by the wealth of experiences and expertise from the classroom that students bring to the sessions. David Bolden is a Lecturer in Mathematics Education at Durham University. After earning his first degree from Newcastle University he went on to teach and obtain an MSc in Social Research. In 1999 he took up a research post at the University of Northumbria where he stayed for six years, primarily conducting evaluation research and lecturing on ITE programmes. While at Northumbria, he completed his doctoral thesis at Durham University, focusing on primary teachers' epistemological views of mathematics. He moved to Durham University's School of Education in 2006, where he teaches on the BA Primary Education, PGCE Primary Education and the MSc Mathematics Education courses. His research interests include, and he has published in the areas of, creativity in mathematics, the use of representations in developing confidence and understanding in mathematics and teacher epistemologies (particularly in relation to primary mathematics). Lynn Thompson is an educational consultant and founder of North East School Support (NESS), supporting schools to raise standards and improve the teaching and learning of mathematics. She also teaches part time on the Primary BA and PGCE courses at Durham University.
- Author(s)David Bolden,Lynn Thompson,Patrick Barmby
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCritical Teaching
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Content Note25 diagrames
- Weight271 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.87Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.