Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the conflict between equality rights, as embedded in the Charter, and multiculturalism as policy and practice, and ask which charter value should trump which and under what circumstances. This volume presents an analytic discussion of multiculturalism in Canada.
- Author BiographyJanice Gross Stein is the Belzberg Professor of Conflict Management in the Department of Political Science and the Director of the Munk Centre for International Studies at the University of Toronto. Her most recent publications include The Cult of Efficiency (2001), Canada by Mondrian (2006), and The Unexpected War: Canada in Kandahar which won the 2007 Writersa Trust of Canadaas Shaughnessy Cohen Award for Political Writing. David Robertson Cameron is the chair of the Department of Political Science at the University of Toronto and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada. He has divided his time between public service (in Ottawa and at Queenas Park) and academic life. John Ibbitson is the political affairs columnist for The Globe and Mail and author of several works on public policy. Will Kymlicka holds the Canada Research Chair in Political Philosophy at Queenas University. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada and his works have been translated into thirty languages. John Meisel is the Sir Edward Peacock Professor of Political Science Emeritus at Queenas University and past president of the Royal Society of Canada. He has been a frequent media commentator and lectures widely in Canada, the United States, and Europe. Haroon Siddiqui is a columnist for the Toronto Star . A former president of PEN Canada, he is a member of the Order of Canada and winner of numerous professional honours. Michael Valpy is a senior writer for The Globe and Mail and writes frequently on public policy, religion, spirituality, and ethics. He has won three National Newspaper Awards, and in 1997 Trent University awarded him an honorary doctorate for his journalism. He is currently a senior resident at the University of Torontoas Massey College.
- Author(s)David Robertson Cameron,Hooran Siddiqui,Janice Gross Stein,John Ibbitson,John Meisel,Michael Valpy,Will Kymlicka
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Weight288 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.