All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byR. H. Lowe-McConnell,W. H. van Dobben
- Table Of ContentsSession 1 Flow of energy and matter between trophic levels.- E. P. Odum: Diversity as a function of energy flow.- F. H. Rigler: The concept of energy flow and nutrient flow between trophic levels.- D. E. Reichle, R. V. O'Neill & W. F. Harris: Principles of energy and material exchange in ecosystems.- H. Veldkamp: The role of bacteria in energy flow and nutrient cycling.- S. S. Schwarz: The flow of energy and matter between trophic levels (with special reference to the higher levels).- Discussion: summarized by J. W. Woldendorp.- Session 2 Comparative productivity in ecosystems.- F. E. Wielgolaski: Comparative productivity of ecosystems: an introduction.- H. Lieth: Primary productivity in ecosystems: comparative analysis of global patterns.- O. W. Heal & S. F. MacLean Jnr: Comparative productivity in ecosystems -secondary productivity.- L. Ryszkowski: Energy and matter economy of ecosystems.- M. Shilo: Factors involved in dynamics of algal blooms in nature.- Discussion: summarized by Th. Alberda.- Session 3 Diversity, stability and maturity in natural ecosystems.- G. H. Orians: Diversity, stability and maturity in natural ecosystems.- R. Margalef: Diversity, stability and maturity in natural ecosystems.- R. H. May: Stability in ecosystems: some comments.- R. H. Whittaker: The design and stability of some plant communities.- Discussion: summarized by H. Klomp.- Session 4 Diversity, stability and maturity in ecosystems influenced by human activities.- J. Jacobs: Diversity, stability and maturity in ecosystems influenced by human activities.- J. Harte & D. Levy: On the vulnerability of ecosystems disturbed by man.- M. Alexander: Response of natural microbial communities to human activities.- C. O. Tamm: A short comment.- Discussion: summarized by L. Vlijm and G. E. Likens.- Session 5 Strategies for management of natural and man-made ecosystems.- J. D. Ovington: Strategies for management of natural and man-made ecosystems.- C. S. Holling & W. C. Clark: Notes towards a science of ecological management.- W. H. L. Allsopp: Management strategies in some problematic tropical fisheries.- E. van der Maarel: Man-made natural ecosystems in environmental management and planning.- O. Soemarwoto: Rural ecology and development in Java.- Discussion: summarized by P. Gruys.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.