All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
About this product
- Author(s)Enrique Ortega-Rivas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/07/2011
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note175 black & white illustrations, 69 black & white tables
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsCHARACTERIZATION OF PARTICULATE SYSTEMS AND RELATION TO STORAGE AND CONVEYING Introduction Definitions of unit operations Powder and particle technology The solid state: main distinctive properties Bulk Solids: Properties and Characterization Introductory aspects Classification of powders Sampling Failure properties Laboratory exercise: determination of some failure properties of powders Particle size analysis Laboratory exercise: particle size analysis by different methods Storage and Conveying of Bulk Solids Introduction: storage alternatives Outdoors storage Confined storage Laboratory exercise: evaluation of wall loads in silos Bulk solids conveying Laboratory exercise: pneumatic conveying characteristics of different granules BULK SOLIDS PROCESSING Size Reduction Fundamental principles of comminution Energy requirements in comminution Size reduction equipment Criteria for selecting size reduction processes Laboratory exercise: determination of reduction relations using a hammer mill Size Enlargement Introduction: agglomeration processes Aggregation fundamentals: strength of agglomerates Agglomeration methods Selection criteria for agglomeration methods Design aspects of agglomeration processes Applications Laboratory exercise: comparing methods for tumbling agglomeration of powders Mixing Introduction Blending mechanisms Statistical approach of mixing processes Mixing equipment Design and selection factors Laboratory exercise: determination of blending indices for different tumbling mixers Fluidization Theoretical fundamentals Fluidized regimes Applications of fluidization Laboratory exercise: fluidized-bed coating of food particulates SEPARATION TECHNIQUES FOR PARTICULATE SOLIDS Introductory Aspects Different mixtures relevant in industry Classification of separation techniques Specific techniques for granular materials Solid Mixtures Screening Electromagnetic separation Electrostatic separation Laboratory exercise: efficiency of separation on single-stage screening Solid-Fluid Systems Introduction: simultaneous flow of fluids and solids Separation efficiency Solid-gas separations Solid-liquid separation techniques Appendix 1: International (SI) System of Units Appendix 2: Density and Viscosity of Water at Different Temperatures and 101.325 kPa Appendix 3: Density and Viscosity of Air at Different Temperatures and 101.325 kPa Appendix 4: Dimensional Analysis Appendix 5: Standard Screen Scales Appendix 6: Guidelines for the Preparation of Laboratory Reports Appendix 7: Notation Index References appear at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyEnrique Ortega-Rivas is a professor at the Autonomous University of Chihuahua. He is a member of the editorial boards of Food and Bioprocess Technology: An International Journal, Food Engineering Reviews, and The Open Food Science Journal. A National Researcher of Mexico, Dr. Ortega-Rivas was a Fulbright scholar and has held positions at Food Science Australia, Monash University, and Washington State University. His research interests include food engineering, particle technology, and solid-fluid separation techniques.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.