All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.01Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
About this product
- Author(s)Erich Aucktor,Friedrich Schmelz,Hans-Christoph Graf von Seherr-Thoss
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- GenreTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note72 black & white tables, biography
- Weight646 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byJ.A. Tipper,S. J. Hill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2006
- Table Of ContentsUniversal Jointed Driveshafts for Transmitting Rotational Movements.- Theory or Constant Velocity Joints.- Hertzian Theory and the Limits of Its Application.- Designing Joints and Driveshafts.- Joint and Driveshaft Configurations.
- Author BiographyA transmission engineer, Count Hans Christopher Seherr-Thoss had the inclination to write Universal Joints and Driveshafts in 1980, when he realized the need for an effective textbook on machine elements. But only in 1988 did he actually form the writing team and find the publisher Springer, which released the English-language first edition in 1992. Count Seherr-Thoss, whose long writing career began more than 50 years earlier in newspapers, has authored works on technical subjects since 1948 and published his first Springer book, on gears, in 1965. He resides near Munich, Germany, and maintains an archive, founded in 1936 in Breslau, which specializes in technological, economical and related biographical works.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.