All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Alejandra Boni,Melanie Walker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Sustainable Development
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart 1 1. Introduction 2. Universities from an education and development perspective 3. How development theories understand universities 4. A foundation of human development and capabilities for higher education Part 2 5. Higher education policies from a human development perspective 6. University knowledge contributions and human development 7. Democratizing research: expanding capabilities through participatory action research 8. Student learning opportunities and outcomes Part 3 9. The Human Development Friendly University
- Author BiographyAlejandra Boni is Associate Professor at the Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain, and research fellow of INGENIO Institute (CSIC-UPV). She co-convenor of the thematic Education Group of the Human Development and Capability Association, current vice-president of the International Development Ethics Association and member of the Board of the Spanish Network of Development Studies (REEDES). Melanie Walker is South African Research Chair in Higher Education and Human Development based in the Institute for Advanced Studies and Scholarship at the University of the Free State, South Africa. She is also current vice-president of the Human Development and Capability Association.
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.