Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £26.62Trending at £27.50
- £6.67Trending at £7.00
- £16.50Trending at £21.01
- £4.99Trending at £5.66
- £18.04Trending at £19.93
- £14.33Trending at £23.13
- £32.09Trending at £33.84
About this product
- Author(s)Kay A. Robbins,Steve Robbins
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight1332 g
- Width190 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsI. FUNDAMENTALS. 1. Technologys Impact on Programs. 2. Programs, Processes and Threads. 3. Processes in UNIX. 4. UNIX I/O. 5. Files and Directories. 6. UNIX Special Files. 7. Project: The Token Ring. 8. Signals. II. ASYNCHRONOUS EVENTS. 9. Times and Timers. 10. Project: Virtual Timers. 11. Project: Cracking Shells. III. CONCURRENCY. 12. POSIX Threads. 13. Thread Synchronization. 14. Critical Sections and Semaphores. 15. POSIX IPC. 16. Project: Producer Consumer Synchronization. 17. Project: The Not Too Parallel Virtual Machine. IV. COMMUNICATION. 18. Connection-Oriented Communication. 19. Project: WWWRedirection. 20. Connectionless Communication and Multicast. 21. Project: Internet Radio. 22. Project: Server Performance. APPENDICES. Appendix A. UNIX Fundamentals. Appendix B. Restart Library. Appendix C. UICI Implementation. Appendix D. Logging Functions. Appendix E. POSIX Extensions. Bibliography. Program Index. Index.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors Kay A. Robbins and Steven Robbins received doctoral degrees from MITand are on the faculty in the Department of Computer Science at theUniversity of Texas at San Antonio.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.