All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdopted as the official book of the International Year of Astronomy (IYA) 2009, this stunningly illustrated history of telescopic discovery ranges from the first telescopes via the Hubble Space Telescope to next generation platforms. Includes the official 59-min IYA DVD.
- Author BiographyLars Lindberg Christensen is press officer of the International Astronomical Union, as well as IAU EC International Year of Astronomy 2009 Working Group Secretary. An astronomer by profession, he is a science communication specialist heading the Hubble European Space Agency Information Centre group, responsible for public outreach and education for the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope in Europe. Robert (Bob) Fosbury is an astronomer working for the European Space Agency (ESA) as part of ESA's collaboration with NASA on the Hubble Space Telescope (HST) project at ST-ECF. Bob also served on NASA's Ad Hoc Science Working Group and ESA's Study Science Team as they developed the instrument concepts for the James Webb Space Telescope, the next generation space observatory. Bon and Lars wrote the highly successful Hubble -- 15 years of discovery . Robert Hurt is professional artist, specialized on art in astronomy.
- Author(s)Govert Schilling,Lars Lindberg Christensen
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication26/11/2008
- Language(s)English & German
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight968 g
- Width256 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated bySybille Otterstein
Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £19.99Trending at £34.99
- £11.85Trending at £12.97
- £11.22Trending at £12.20
- £17.90Trending at £19.98
- £18.49Trending at £25.00
- £11.80Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.