CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleCurrent Topics in Mental Health
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight822 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byGeorge V. Coelho
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
- Table Of ContentsI: Coping with the Inner and Outer Worlds of Change.- 1 Contemporary Uprootings and Collaborative Coping: Behavioral and Societal Responses.- 2 Change, Vulnerability, and Coping: Stresses of Uprooting and Overcrowding.- 3 Identity, Politics, and Planning: On Some Uses of Knowledge in Coping with Social Change.- 4 Stress, Strain, and Role Adaptation: Conceptual Issues.- II: Meanings and Impacts of Uprooting.- 5 The Uprooting of Meaning.- 6 Uprooting and Self-Image: Catastrophe and Continuity.- 7 Sociological Dimensions of Uprootedness.- 8 The Long-Term Sequelae of Uprooting: Conceptual and Practical Issues.- III: Stressful Situations of Children and Adolescents in Transition: The Role of Attachments and Social Supports.- 9 Young Children in Stressful Situations: The Supporting Role of Attachment Figures and Unfamiliar Caregivers.- 10 Relocation and the Family: A Crisis in Adolescent Development.- 11 Coming Home: Adjustment of Americans to the United States after Living Abroad.- 12 Running Away in America: The History and the Hope.- IV: Stressful Situations of Foreign Students: Challenges of Cross-Cultural Education.- 13 Stressful Experiences of Foreign Students at Various Stages of Sojourn: Counseling and Policy Implications.- 14 Role Learning as a Coping Strategy for Uprooted Foreign Students.- 15 Research on Students from Abroad: The Neglected Foreign Policy Implications.- V: Stressful Situations of New Settlers: Coping Strategies of Immigrant Women and New Ethnic Groups.- 16 Stress and Coping among Latin American Women Immigrants.- 17 Patterns of Adaptation of Indian Immigrants: Challenges and Strategies.- 18 New Immigrants and Social-Support Systems: Information-Seeking Patterns in a Metropolis.- 19 Making Friends in a New Culture: South Asian Women in Boston, Massachusetts.- VI: Stressful Situations of Uprooted Communities: The Role of Public and Government Bodies.- 20 Forced Migration: Its Impact on Shaping Coping Strategies.- 21 Integration of Immigrants: The Israeli Case.- 22 After the Fall: Indochinese Refugees in the United States.- 23 Relocation and Rapid Growth: Case Studies of the Effects of Federal Policy on Life in Rural Communities.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.