All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleHigher Ed
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJulia E. Colyar,William G. Tierney
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: William G. Tierney: Introduction: Si, Se Puede - Paz M. Oliverez/Kristan M. Venegas/Zoe Blumberg Corwin: Urban Students, Social Ecologies - Julia E. Colyar: Cultural Biography: Re-visiting Methodology - William G. Tierney: Mushutu and Juan: A Tale of Two Students - Julia E. Colyar: Big Ideas, Small Details: Jenny Acevedo - Zoe Blumberg Corwin: The Paper Trail of Lily Salazar - Kristan M. Venegas: Dreams, Disappointment, and Drive: Trinity Borrego's Path to College - William G. Tierney: Conclusion: Cultural Biographies and Policy-Making.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: William G. Tierney is University Professor and Wilbur-Kieffer Professor of Higher Education at the University of Southern California, where he is also Director of the Center for Higher Education Policy Analysis. He earned an M.Ed. in education from Harvard University and a Ph.D. in administration and policy analysis from Stanford University. In addition to numerous articles, he is the author of several books, including: Trust and the Public Good: Examining the Cultural Conditions of Academic Work (2006); Competing Conceptions of Academic Governance: Negotiating the Perfect Storm (2004); and Preparing for College: Nine Elements of Effective Outreach (2005, coedited with Zoe B. Corwin and Julia E. Colyar). Julia E. Colyar is Assistant Professor of Higher Education at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York. She received her M.A. in English from the University of Toronto and her Ph.D. in higher education from the University of Southern California.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.