Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionGives a practical introduction on the challenges of controlling and managing the water resources used by and affected by cities and urbanized communities. This book offers an integrated engineering approach, covering the spectrum of urban watershed management, urban hydraulic systems, and overall storm water management.
- Author BiographyA. OSMAN AKAN, PhD, PE, is Professor and current Chair of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia. He has more than thirty years of teaching, research, and consulting experience in the general field of water resources engineering. His publication record includes Urban Stormwater Hydrology (Wiley), several chapters in design handbooks, and numerous articles in scholarly journals. ROBERT J. HOUGHTALEN, PhD, is Professor and Head of the Civil Engineering Department at the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, Indiana. During his thirty years of experience in water resources, his publishing credits include Fundamentals of Hydraulic Engineering Systems, Third Edition (with Ned H. C. Hwang) and the Federal Highway Administration's Hydraulic Design of Highway Culverts, Second Edition (HDS 5) (with Jerome M. Normann and William J. Johnston). For more than fifteen years, he has taught the EPA-SWMM model and the Corps of Engineers' HEC-HMS model in continuing education classes for ASCE.
- Author(s)A. Osman H. Akan,Robert J. Houghtalen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2003
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteindex
- Weight685 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.