All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.54
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.22Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEva L. Baker,Harold F. O'Neil,Jr.
- Table Of ContentsList of Contributors Preface by Harold F. O'Neil, Eva L. Baker, and Ray S. Perez Section 1: Theory/Framework/Context Chapter 1: A Framework to Create Effective Learning Games and Simulations by Eva L. Baker and Girlie C. Delacruz Chapter 2: Computational Issues in Modeling User Behavior in Serious Games by Markus R. Iseli and Rajesh Jha Chapter 3: A Framework for Validating 21st Century Assessment Tools by Roy Stripling, John J. Lee, and Joseph V. Cohn Chapter 4: Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Serious Games, and the Generalized Intelligent by Arthur C. Graesser, Xiangen Hu, Benjamin D. Nye, and Robert A. Sottilare Section 2: Assessment Chapter 5: Using Crowdsourcing as a Formative Evaluation Technique for Game Icons by Ayesha Madni, Gregory K. W. K. Chung, Eva L. Baker, and Noelle C. Griffin Chapter 6: Lessons Learned From Intelligent Tutoring Research for Simulation by Ray S. Perez, Anna Skinner, and Paul Chatelier Chapter 7: Measuring Learning in Simulations and Games by Allen Munro Chapter 8: The Role of Neurobiology in Teaching and Assessing Games by Ray S. Perez, Jason Ralph, and James Niehaus Section 3: Cognitive/Motivational Issues Chapter 9: Role of Metacognition in STEM Games and Simulations by Richard E. Mayer Chapter 10: The Role of Motivation, Affect, and Engagement in Simulation/Game Environments: A Proposed Model by Robert Rueda, Harold F. O'Neil, and Elena Son Chapter 11: Can Games Facilitate Access to College? By Zoe B. Corwin, Robert W. Danielson, Gisele Ragusa, and William G. Tierney Section 4: Psychometric Issues Chapter 12: Inference in Game-Based Assessment by Kristen E. DiCerbo, Robert J. Mislevy, and John T. Behrens Chapter 13: On the Role of Multilevel Item Response Models in Multisite Evaluation Studies for Serious Games by Li Cai, Kilchan Choi, and Megan Kuhfeld Index
- Author BiographyHarold F. O'Neil is Professor of Education Psychology and Technology at the University of Southern California and Project Director at the National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing (CRESST). Eva L. Baker is Distinguished Research Professor at the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California, Los Angeles. She is also co-director of CRESST. Ray S. Perez is Program Officer at the Office of Naval Research (ONR), where he manages a cognitive science of learning research program.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.