All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for the community of immunologists and developmental biologists, this title describes the molecular route by which B and T lymphocytes acquire their unique function of affording adaptive immunity. It also describes a way of understanding how mature lymphocytes carry on their basic functions.
- Author BiographyPIERRE FERRIER is a Principal Investigator and Research Director at the Centre d'Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy (CIML), France. He has also worked as a Director of Marseille-Nice Genopole, a local consortium of more than twenty laboratories aimed at developing high-throughput research techniques in genomics. Main research interests include the analysis of the molecular mechanisms responsible for the control of gene expression and recombination programs during hematopoietic cell development and pathogenesis. He is a member of several national and international scientific organizations including the Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale (Inserm), the Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR), the Association pour la Recherche sur le Cancer (ARC), the Human Frontier Science Program Organization (HFSPO), and the Universite Virtuelle Medicale de Monaco (UVMM). Pierre Ferrier received his academic degrees from Montpellier (MD) and Marseille (PhD) Universities, France. He was a post-doctoral fellow (1986-90) in the laboratory of Prof. F.W. Alt at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 650
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPierre Ferrier
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.