All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the basis of the French text and a translation that is at once accurate and poetical, this book provides an introduction to the poem, and thereby to the complex intellectual world of Valery. It exhibits the depth and breadth both of the poem and of the poet's thought.
- Author BiographyHugh P. McGrath (1914-1995) took degrees in French language and literature at the University of Liverpool and the Sorbonne, and served in British Army counterintelligence in the Second World War. From 1947 until near the end of his life he taught at St. John's College in Annapolis, Maryland. He wrote on literary, philosophical, and educational subjects, and was known for his public readings of poetry in English and French. Michael Comenetz studied mathematics, physics, and literature at Johns Hopkins University, and received a PhD in mathematics from Brandeis University. Since 1975 he has been at St. John's College, where he has taught literature in French and other languages, and has held the National Endowment for the Humanities chair. He has published articles in mathematics and on literature, and is the author of Calculus: The Elements (2002).
- Author(s)Hugh P. McGrath,Michael Comenetz
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- Series TitleCurrents in Comparative Romance Languages & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number186
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, ill.
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.