CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best selling in Textbooks & Education
Save on Textbooks & Education
- £17.99Trending at £18.86
- £10.49Trending at £12.00
- £14.99Trending at £15.72
- £10.49Trending at £11.47
- £6.36Trending at £6.67
- £5.45Trending at £6.65
- £21.49Trending at £28.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhatever the size of your garden or allotment, you can grow your own vegetables. Even if you only have a balcony or a small paved area outside your kitchen, you can grow more than you ever thought possible in pots, containers and raised beds. Experienced vegetable grower John Harrison takes you through the entire vegetable year so that, for all the main vegetables, you'll kw exactly when you should sow your seeds, dig your plot and harvest your crops. Choose the most appropriate vegetables for your particular soil and select the right position so that they flourish. Discover how to make your own compost and organic fertilisers, as well as the best methods of controlling pests. Find out how to extend the season by buying or building your own cloches and cold frames. Put an end to worries that your shop-bought vegetables contain chemical residues or to concerns about the air miles such vegetables have flown en route to your table!
- Author BiographyJohn Harrison has been growing vegetables for over 30 years. He uses many organic methods and works with nature rather than against it. He is passionate about the quality of our food and the ecology that supports us all on this planet. He has been a member of the Henry Doubleday Research Association (now known as Garden Organic) since 1976 after meeting with L D Hills in Bocking. He's also a member of the National Vegetable Society and currently serves as Secretary of the Crewe and Nantwich District Association of the NVS. In 2004 he started www.allotment.org.uk which is now the largest and most popular website on allotments and vegetable growing.
- Author(s)John Harrison
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication13/03/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content NoteLine drawing throughout
- Weight176 g
- Width135 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.