All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes concepts and technologies being developed for the European Car-to-Car Communication Consortium in relation with American Vehicle Safety Communication project, and shows how they will be used for application, traffic and network simulation.
- Author BiographyRadu Popescu-Zeletin is Professor at the Technical University Berlin, and, since its foundation, has been director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems, FOKUS, (formerly a GMD Institute). For many years he was head of the Research and Development Department of the BERKOM project at Deutsche Telekom. He has published numerous articles on distributed computer systems and applications. He is an active member of numerous standardization committees and is a leading player in the development of telecommunication standards. As holder of the Chair of Open Communication Systems, he also plays a major role in the development of the vision of I-centric Communications. Prof. Popescu-Zeletin has been appointed chairman of the Scientific Advisory Council of DeTeCon International. As a member of the Motorola Visionary Board, he is one of 30 leading international experts helping to shape the future in the field of mobile communications. He has also been invited by the University of Technology, Tokyo to assume a full professorship; appointment formalities are now underway (early 2004). Prof. Popescu-Zeletin graduated at the Polytechnic Institute in Bucharest, Romania, gained his Ph.D. at the University of Bremen, and habilitated at the Technical University of Berlin. Prof. Popescu-Zeletin is Senior Member of the IEEE, Doctor honoris causa at the Polytechnic Institute in Bucharest, and Professor honoris causa at the Catholic University of Campinas, Brasil. Furthermore he is member of the Motorola Visionary Board 2004/2005 as well as member of the Rumanian Academy. Prof. Popescu-Zeletin is bearer of the Public Service Medal of the Republic of Romania Ilja Radusch received his M.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Technology Berlin (TUB). Since 2003 he is researcher with the Open Communication Systems (OKS) as well as with Fraunhofer FOKUS since 2005. Since 2006 he is group leader at the Daimler Center for Automotive Information Technology Innovations (DCAITI). He is working in the field of Car-2-Car Communication, Sensor and Ad-hoc Networks, and Context-aware Services. His responsibility includes several projects for industry partners such as Deutsche Telekom and DaimlerChrysler as well as research projects for the German Ministry of Education and Research and the European Union. Furthermore, he is giving various lecture courses at the TU Berlin Mihai Adrian Rigani received his degree in Electrotechnics in 2005 at Polytechnic University of Bucharest. Since then he is research scientist with the Daimler Center for Automotive Information Technology Innovations (DCAITI) at the Open Communication Systems (OKS) department of the Technische Universitat Berlin (TUB).
- Author(s)Ilja Radusch,Mihai Adrian Rigani,Radu Popescu-Zeletin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- GenreTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight349 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.