All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis innovative microhistory of a fascinating yet neglected city shows how its loyalty to Venice was tested by military attack, economic downturn, and demographic collapse. Despite these trials, Brescia experienced cultural revival and political transformation, which Bowd uses to explain state formation in a powerful region of Renaissance Italy.
- Author BiographyStephen D. Bowd is Senior Lecturer in European History at the University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Stephen D. Bowd
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleI Tatti Studies in Italian Renaissance History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note7 halftones
- Weight680 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.