Verdi and the Germans: From Unification to the Third Reich by Gundula Kreuzer (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £70.51Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by loveourprices2
- Est. delivery by 19 Mar
- £38.77Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by ammbooks
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores how the reception of Italian opera, epitomised by Verdi, influenced changing ideas of German musical and national identity.
- Author BiographyGundula Kreuzer is Assistant Professor of Music at Yale University. Her work on Verdi's music and reception, the marketing of opera and the theory and history of staging has appeared in various journals and collected volumes, including the Cambridge Opera Journal and the Journal of the American Musicological Society, and has earned her the Alfred Einstein Award of the American Musicological Society as well as the Jerome Roche Prize of the Royal Musical Association. She is editor of The Works of Giuseppe Verdi, Series V: Instrumental Chamber Music (2009) and has been serving as Reviews and Associate Editor for The Opera Quarterly.
- PrizesWinner of Gaddis Smith International Book Prize 2012 and American Musicological Society Lewis Lockwood Award 2011 and Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2011.
- Author(s)Gundula Kreuzer
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleNew Perspectives in Music History and Criticism
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 26
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus. 1 table
- Weight810 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £7.83Trending at £8.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.