Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionVernon and Irene Castle popularized ragtime dancing in the years just before World War I and made dancing a respectable pastime in America. The whisper-thin, elegant Castles were trendsetters in many ways. This work tells the story of a couple who reinvented dance and its place in twentieth-century culture.
- Author BiographyEve Golden, a former magazine writer and editor, is the author of four biographies, including Anna Held and the Birth of Ziegfeld's Broadway and The Brief, Madcap Life of Kay Kendall, and a collection of silent film articles. She works as a photo archivist in New York.
- Author(s)Eve Golden
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/12/2007
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note64 photographs
- Weight649 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.