All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £14.15Trending at £22.06
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the knowledge regarding vertical flow constructed wetlands theory and applications. This book helps you learn about vertical flow systems with information about application and performance. It includes information on how different countries are applying the technology, with design guidelines to illustrate best practices worldwide.
- Author BiographyDr Stefanakis is an Environmental Engineer, with Diploma and Doctoral degrees from the Department of Environmental Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece. He also holds a MSc degree in the field of Hydraulic Engineering from the Department of Civil Engineering of the same university. His Diploma His M.Sc. and Ph.D. theses focused on the ecological treatment of wastewater and sludge using natural systems, mainly on Constructed Wetlands. He has published 13 papers in international peer-reviewed scientific journals, several papers in international and national conference proceedings, technical reports, lecture notes and book chapters. His work includes numerous experiments with Constructed Wetland systems of different types and applications. He has participated in many national and EU research projects in Greece, Portugal and Germany. He has taught at the undergraduate level on the topic of environmental protection, delivered seminars in postgraduate studies programs and has been involved in international conference organizing. He has also supervised and trained various undergraduate students. He has been awarded twice during his career for his research work. Finally, Dr Stefanakis is also a practicing environmental engineer in Greece, dealing with the design of Constructed Wetlands facilities. Dr. Christos Akratos received his diploma and doctoral degrees from the Department of Environmental Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, and now is a Lecturer at the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management, University of Western Greece. Dr. Akratos has a great experience in constructed wetlands starting from his doctoral dissertation, and the majority of his publications deal with wastewater treatment with constructed wetlands. He has published 21 refereed journal papers, and has participated as a research team member in 14 research programs, most of them in the area of wastewater treatment in constructed wetlands. Dr. Vassilios A. Tsihrintzis is a Professor of Ecological Engineering and Technology and Director of the Laboratory of Ecological Engineering and Technology of the Department of Environmental Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Xanthi, Greece. He is a civil engineer and has M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Environmental Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Tsihrintzis' research interests concentrate, among others, in the fields of natural systems for wastewater treatment with emphasis on constructed wetlands and water resources engineering and management. His published research work includes more than 100 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals and over 250 papers in conferences. He has also authored or co-authored books/book chapters on operations research, urban hydrology and runoff quality management, and constructed wetlands for wastewater and runoff treatment, among others. He has participated as a PI or team member in various research projects in the USA, the EU and Greece. Dr. Tsihrintzis has supervised more than 60 graduate and post-graduate student theses and 12 doctoral dissertations. He regularly teaches, among others, the course Natural Wastewater Treatment Systems, which is directly related to the proposed book. He has also served as the Head of the Department of Environmental Engineering for several years.
- Author(s)Alexandros Stefanakis,Christos S. Akratos,Vassilios A. Tsihrintzis
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 150 illustrations (150 in full color)
- Weight820 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.