All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of essays on the arts, new media, popular culture, and technologies as they influence practices of curriculum development and teaching. It proposes pedagogical structures and curriculum resources that can be adapted to diverse school contexts and technical resources.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Cathy Mullen's teaching and research has focused on curriculum development and teaching in photography, light-based media, and digital arts. Mullen is Professor Emerita of Art Education in the Faculty of Fine Arts at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, where she taught undergraduate and graduate courses for art educators and supervised numerous M.A. and Ph.D. thesis students researching new media art and education. Janice Rahn is interdisciplinary in her research and teaching, focusing on the poetics and politics of popular culture. She is author of the book Painting Without Permission: An Ethnographic Study of Hip Hop Graffiti Culture (2001), as well as articles on media and the social construction of identity and on video as a research tool and art material. Rahn has exhibited her audio/video art installations throughout Canada. She is Associate Professor of Art and Education at the University of Lethbridge.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleMinding the Media
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight560 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCathy Mullen,Janice Rahn
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £14.34Trending at £14.62
- £7.45Trending at £7.87
- £23.91Trending at £29.75
- £36.27Trending at £37.49
- £9.75Trending at £12.17
- £28.91Trending at £37.45
- £16.90Trending at £27.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.