All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fascinating book, futurist Brian David Johnson and cultural historian James Carrott offer insights into what Steampunk's alternative history says about our own world and its technological future.
- Author BiographyJames H. Carrott is a cultural historian, design researcher, tech nerd, game geek, pop culture scholar, anachronist, and a contrarian. The future is Brian David Johnson's business. As a futurist at Intel Corporation, his charter is to develop an actionable vision for computing in 2020. His work is called future casting - using ethnographic field studies, technology research, trend data, and even science fiction to provide Intel with a pragmatic vision of consumers and computing. Along with reinventing TV, Johnson has been pioneering development in artificial intelligence, robotics, and using science fiction as a design tool. He speaks and writes extensively about future technologies in articles and scientific papers as well as science fiction short stories and novels (Fake Plastic Love, Nebulous Mechanisms: The Dr. Simon Egerton Stories and the forthcoming This Is Planet Earth). He has directed two feature films and is an illustrator and commissioned painter.
- Author(s)Brian Johnson,James Carrott,Pieter Hintjens
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.78Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.