All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis well-illustrated collection uses new and interdisciplinary approaches in gender history to explore violence as a form of gendered embodiment across place and time, from the medieval world to the twenty-first century. Uses new and interdisciplinary approaches in gender history.
- Author BiographyShani D'Cruze is Reader in Gender History at Manchester Metropolitan University. She was co-editor of the journal Gender and History between 2000 and 2004. Her main publications are on the nineteenth- and twentieth-century social and cultural history of violence, crime and gender and the gender history of the nineteenth-century family. Anupama Rao is Assistant Professor of South Asian History at Barnard College, Columbia University. Her interests are in Indian nationalism; anti-caste struggles; caste, gender and the family form in nineteenth- and twentieth-century western India; historical anthropology; the anthropology of violence; human rights and feminist and critical theory.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2005
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleGender and History Special Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAnupama Rao,Shani D'Cruze
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.54
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.22Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.