All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCritiquing a paradigm of growth within the church, this book contends that the church's growth ethic should be replaced by one based on virtue. It argues that an approach taking growth to be the overriding task of the church is found to be shallow and risks infantilising the faith it purports to proclaim.
- Author BiographyRevd. Dr John Fitzmaurice is a Team Vicar of All Saints' Church, Emscote in the Warwick Team Ministry and variously involved in theological education and ministerial development in the Diocese of Coventry and wider church. PhD awarded from King's College London in 2014. A former musician and graduate of the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, John trained for ordination at the College of the Resurrection, Mirfield. He holds degrees from the University of Leeds (BA Hons, Theology & Religious Studies), Heythrop College, University of London (MA, Psychology of Religion) and King's College, London (PhD, Ecclesiology). Alongside a busy parish ministry, John is a national selector for Bishops' Advisory Panels, and an experienced training incumbent. He facilitates and trains at all levels in Ministerial Development inc. Initial Ministerial Education 4-7, Ministerial Development Review and Mid-Ministry Review. He has a particular interest in the development of leadership in Church of England schools, and is part of the leadership team of the Coventry Church Schools Leadership Project.
- Author(s)John Fitzmaurice
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2015
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleAshgate Contemporary Ecclesiology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byRev. Thomas Hughson,Professor Bruce Kaye,Very Revd Prof. Martyn Percy
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.50
- £17.25Trending at £25.00
- £9.85Trending at £10.66
- £16.99Trending at £18.09
- £7.78Trending at £8.38
- £12.34Trending at £13.28
- £12.76Trending at £13.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.