Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
About this product
- DescriptionEach author presents a story on each of the seven virtues--faith, hope, charity, justice, temperance, fortitude, and prudence--and then offers a story on each of the seven deadly sins--pride, covetousness, lust, anger, sloth, and gluttony. This highly accessible book is inspired by scripture and oral tradition.
- Author BiographyAndrew M. Greeley is Professor of Sociology at the University of Arizona and a Research Associate with the National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago. Father Greeley is a respected scholar whose current research focuses on the Sociology of Religion. Jacob Neusner is Distinguished Service Professor of the History and Theology of Judaism and Bard Center Fellow at the Bard College Institute of Advanced Theology in Annondale-on-Hudson, New York. He is the author of several books, including Judaism When Christianity Began, The Emergence of Judaism, and the popular textbook World Religions in America, all of which are available from WJK. Mary Greeley Durkin is coauthor of a number of books, including How to Save the Catholic Church, An Epidemic of Joy: Stories in the Spirit of Jesus, and The Book of Love: A Treasury Inspired by the Greatest of Virtues.
- Author(s)Andrew M. Greeley,Jacob Neusner,Mary G. Durkin
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight197 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.