All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeant as a senior or graduate level elective in Mechanical Engineering, this text includes a number of problems, explanations of, and references to ongoing controversies and trends. It contains information on technological advances, such as Micro- and Nano-technology, Turbulence Modeling, and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- Author BiographyFrank M White is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical and Ocean Engineering at the University of Rhode Island. He studied at Georgia Tech and M.I.T. In 1966 he helped found, at URI, the first department of ocean engineering in the country. Known primarily as a teacher and writer, he has received eight teaching awards and has written four textbooks on fluid mechanics and heat transfer. From 1979 to 1990 he was editor-in-chief of the ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering and then served from 1991 to 1997 as chairman of the ASME Board of Editors and of the Publications Committee. He is a Fellow of ASME and in 1991 received the ASME Fluids Engineering Award.
- Author(s)Frank M. White
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Education (ISE Editions)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight771 g
- Width154 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd International edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.