All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* An innovative collection of essays exploring the visual dimensions of gender. * Breaks new ground by foregrounding gender in visual studies. * Explores visual genders through material ranging from documentary film footage of liberated concentration camps after World War II to contemporary fashion photography in Tehran.
- Author BiographyPatricia Hayes studied in Zimbabwe and the UK, and now works at the University of the Western Cape in South Africa. She teaches African history, gender history and visual history. Jointly edited previous publications include Namibia under South African Rule (1998), The Colonising Camera: Photographs in the Making of Namibian History (1998) and Deep Histories: Gender & Colonialism in Southern Africa (2002). She is currently investigating photographic practices in recent southern African history.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2006
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleGender and History Special Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight580 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPatricia Hayes
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.