CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.06Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2003 book discusses how new ways of thinking about language have uncovered previously 'legitimated' linguistic and social inequalities.
- Author BiographyRichard Bauman is Distinguished Professor of Communication and Culture, Folklore, and Anthropology at Indiana University, Bloomington. Charles L. Briggs is Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director, Center for Iberian and Latin American Studies, University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Charles L. Briggs,Richard Bauman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2003
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in the Social and Cultural Foundations of Language
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 21
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight611 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Series Edited byJudith T. Irvine,Bambi B. Schieffelin,Marjorie Harness Goodwin,Joel C. Kuipers,Don Kulick,John Lucy,Elinor Ochs,Michael Silverstein
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.