All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- Author(s)Stephen P. Nicholson
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2005
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note12 line illus. 20 tables.
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Table Of ContentsLIST OF FIGURES ix LIST OF TABLES xi PREFACE xiii CHAPTER 1: Kindred Votes:An Introduction 1 CHAPTER 2: A Theory of Agenda Voting 15 CHAPTER 3: Studying Agendas and Direct Legislation in U.S. Elections 32 CHAPTER 4: Ballot Measures and Congressional Election Agendas 42 CHAPTER 5: Priming the Freeze: Nuclear Freeze Ballot Measures as a Common Basis of Candidate Voting in State and Federal Elections 61 CHAPTER 6: Taking the Initiative: Illegal Immigrants, Affirmative Action, and Strategic Politicians in California's 1994 and 1996 Elections 91 CHAPTER 7: Direct Democracy: The People's Agenda? 132 NOTES 141 REFERENCES 149 INDEX 165
- Author BiographyStephen P. Nicholson is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Georgia State University. His doctoral dissertation received the 1999 E. E. Schattschneider Award, presented annually by the American Political Science Association for the best dissertation in the field of American politics. Nicholson has published articles in the American Journal of Political Science , the Journal of Politics , the British Journal of Political Science , and Political Research Quarterly .
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.