All listings for this product
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.19
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
About this product
- DescriptionUses the theme of movement - the journeys of peoples, ideas, and goods - to help readers make sense of the overwhelming range of people, places, and events throughout history.
- Author BiographyKenneth R. Curtis received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in African and Comparative World History. His research focuses on colonial to postcolonial transitions in East Africa, with a particular focus on the coffee economy of Tanzania. He is Professor of History at California State University Long Beach, where he has taught world history at the introductory level, in special courses designed for future middle and high school teachers, and in graduate seminars. He has worked to advance the teaching of world history at the collegiate and secondary levels in collaboration with the World History Association, the California History/Social Science Project, and the College Board's Advanced Placement World History course. Valerie Hansen received her Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1987. She is Professor of History at Yale University, where she teaches courses in East Asian history, especially pre-modern China. Her many scholarly publications include CHANGING GODS IN MEDIEVAL CHINA, 1127-1276 (Princeton UP, 1990) and NEGOTIATING DAILY LIFE IN TRADITIONAL CHINA: HOW ORDINARY PEOPLE USED CONTRACTS, 600-1400 (Yale UP, 1995). She is also author of THE OPEN EMPIRE: A HISTORY OF CHINA TO 1600 (WW Norton, 2000) and THE SILK ROAD: A NEW HISTORY (Oxford UP, 2012). As co-author of the Cengage Learning text VOYAGES IN WORLD HISTORY, she contributes Chapters 1-15.
- Author(s)Kenneth R. Curtis,Valerie Hansen
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight680 g
- Width206 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementBrief ed of 2nd Revied ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.