All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for readers in: art and aesthetics; art education; art therapy; cultural historical activity theory; communication; creativity studies; early childhood education; education; and more, this book presents a Vygotskian perspective on children's and adults' symbolic engagement in play, multi-modal meaning making, and the arts.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: M. Cathrene Connery is Assistant Professor of Education at Ithaca College. A bilingual educator, professor, and advocate, she has drawn on her visual arts education to inform her research and professional activities in language, literacy, and sociocultural studies for the past 25 years. Vera P. John-Steiner is Emeritus Regents' Professor of Linguistics and Education at the University of New Mexico. She is an international authority on creativity, collaboration, and cultural-historical activity theory, and is the recipient of two lifetime achievement awards from the American Educational Research Association. Ana Marjanovic-Shane is Assistant Professor of Education at Chestnut Hill College. She has assisted children and their families of the former Yugoslavia as president and program director of the Cultural Education Center ZMAJ in New York City for the past six years.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight360 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAna Marjanovic-Shane,M. Cathrene Connery,Vera John-Steiner
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £7.45Trending at £8.02
- £29.50Trending at £42.63
- £27.37Trending at £28.88
- £26.39Trending at £28.41
- £20.75Trending at £21.69
- £10.62Trending at £11.95
- £23.35Trending at £24.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.