All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a portrait of Hindu renouncers or sadhus or ascetics in northern India and Nepal. This title considers a paradox that shapes their lives: while ostensibly defined by their solitary spiritual practice, the stripping away of social commitments, and their break with family and community.
- Author BiographySondra L. Hausner is University Lecturer in the Study of Religion at Oxford University. She grew up in Nepal, Bhutan, and Swaziland in a United Nations family. She lives in Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Sondra L. Hausner
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication05/12/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleContemporary Indian Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note8 b&w photos
- Weight426 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.38Trending at £4.76
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £8.95Trending at £9.58
- £7.43Trending at £8.76
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.