All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe object of this book is to introduce readers to a whole range of military history which has all the drama, dangers, horrors and excitement that we associate with Stalingrad or the Somme. Battles are acute moments of history whenever and wherever they have been fought. Through them we can understand how warfare and world history have evolved.
- Author BiographyProfessor Richard Overy was educated at Caius College, Cambridge. He taught at Cambridge from 1972 to 1979 at Queens' College and from 1976-79 as a University Assistant Lecturer. From 1980 to 2004 he taught at King's College, London where he was made professor of Modern History in 1994. He is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society (1977), Fellow of the British Academy (2000) and Fellow of King's College (2003). In 2001 he was awarded the Samuel Eliot Morison Prize of the Society for Military History for his contribution to the history of warfare. In September 2004 he took up appointment as Professor of History at the University of Exeter. He has published over twenty books on the genre, and is the editor of the bestselling The Times Complete History of the World.
- Author(s)Richard Overy
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Content Note(16-page colour plate section)
- Weight290 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.46
- £22.57Trending at £34.94
- £9.15Trending at £11.44
- £14.58Trending at £20.94
- £14.33Trending at £14.61
- £10.64Trending at £14.49
- £9.99Trending at £10.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.