All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrieving college students can often feel isolated and vulnerable, and may feel that no one else 'gets' what they are going through. With narratives from students who have lost a loved one and commentary from the authors, this book aims to provide guidance and support for bereaved students, as well as providing tips for those who seek to help them.
- Author BiographyHeather L. Servaty-Seib, Ph.D., is a counseling psychologist. She is currently a professor on the Counseling Psychology Doctoral Program in the Department of Educational Studies at Purdue University, US. Dr. Servaty-Seib also maintains a small, grief-focused private practice. She is well-published in the areas of adolescent and young adult grief, social support and grief, and she is a past president of the Association for Death Education and Counseling. Much of her recent scholarship has been focused in the area of student bereavement, with articles published in both The Counselling Psychologist and Death Studies. Dr. Servaty-Seib was heavily involved in implementing a bereavement leave policy for students at Purdue University, an effort which has set a precedent for other campuses. She lives in Lafayette, IN. David C. Fajgenbaum, M.D., MSc, is an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and the co-founder of the National Students of AMF Support Network, a non-profit organisation dedicated to supporting college students grieving the illness or death of a loved one. Dr. Fajgenbaum co-founded the organization in 2006 in memory of his mother, Anne Marie Fajgenbaum (AMF). The organization is now a national movement that has supported 3,000+ students on 200+ campuses and raised national awareness about college student grief. David has been profiled on Forbes Magazine's 30 Under 30 list, the Today Show, Reader's Digest, and 40 million bags of Doritos. AMF now stands for Actively Moving Forward. David received his BS from Georgetown University, his MSc in Public Health from Oxford University, his MD from the University of Pennsylvania, and his MBA from The Wharton School of Business. Dr. Fajgenbaum lives in Philadelphia, PA.
- Author(s)David C. Fajgenbaum,Heather L. Servaty-Seib
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note30 black and white photographs
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £10.90
- £6.68Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.