All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrian Clough's 44-day tenure as manager of Leeds United between July and September 1974 is one of the most infamous episodes in British football history. This book covers the drama that ensued from the moment Clough was earmarked by the club directors as the favorite to succeed Revie to his exit less than two months later.
- Author BiographyPhil Rostron has enjoyed a successful career in journalism and television. He spent 18 years in Fleet Street and was sports editor of the Yorkshire Evening Post. He is also the author of Leeds United: Trials and Tribulations.
- Author(s)Phil Rostron
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Out-of-print date19/03/2016
- Content Note1 x 8pp colour
- Weight400 g
- Width137 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine25 mm
Most relevant reviews
- namronbond31 Jul, 2011by
The Damned United, a players view of life with "Old Big Head" Mr Clough.
The reason I bought this book was to get another view of the B.Clough days at Elland Road. This book is very informative from the players point of view and other people who were around at the time. Remembering that the Damned United book was mainly fictionally based, this book is very refreshing in its honesty of a difficult time for Leeds United Football Club. This book is a must read for Leeds fans young and old and also for other football fans who remember the times of old.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33