All listings for this product
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.35Trending at £16.72
- £23.57Trending at £26.62
- £10.26Trending at £11.05
- £10.82Trending at £12.06
- £13.69Trending at £14.33
- £16.34Trending at £16.85
- £12.24Trending at £12.58
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes how an awareness of culture must be applied to the study and provision of welfare in Europe. It shows how the cultures underpinning social welfare systems are starting to be exposed and explored. The assumption that the values and beliefs which constitute welfare systems are universal and absolute has been overturned.
- Author BiographyPrue Chamberlayne is Director of the Centre for Biography in Social Policy at the University of East London. Andrew Cooper is Professor of Social Work at the Tavistock Clinic and University of East London. Richard Freeman is Lecturer in European Policy and Politics at the Department of Policy, University of Edinburgh. Michael Rustin is Professor of Sociology at the University of East London.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/1999
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAndrew Cooper,Prue Chamberlayne,Richard Freeman,etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.