All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a picture of what we know about the natural history, biology, and ecology of whales in the broad context of the dynamics of ocean ecosystems. This title encompasses multiple points of view to consider the total ecological impact of industrial whaling on the world's oceans.
- Author BiographyJames A. Estes is Research Biologist with the U.S. Geological Survey and Adjunct Professor of Biology at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He is coeditor of Community Ecology of Sea Otters. Douglas P. DeMaster is Director of the Alaska Fisheries Science Center. Daniel F. Doak and Terrie M. Williams are Professors of Biology at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Doak is coauthor of Quantitative Conservation Biology and Williams is author of The Hunter's Breath: On Expedition with the Weddell Seals of the Antarctic. Robert L. Brownell is Senior Scientist with the Southwest Fisheries Science Center.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2007
- GenreEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note7 b/w photographs, 108 line illustrations, 37 maps, 37 tables
- Weight953 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDaniel F. Doak,Douglas P. Demaster,James A. Estes,Robert L. Brownell,Terrie M. Williams
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.85Trending at £12.97
- £17.90Trending at £19.96
- £11.22Trending at £12.20
- £19.38Trending at £19.96
- £16.40Trending at £17.37
- £18.49Trending at £24.97
- £11.80Trending at £12.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.