All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo clinical social workers offer clinicians, educators, coaches, and other youth counselors the first professional book that focuses on engaging authentically with teens in order to create lasting change. Anyone who works with teens should read this book.
- Author BiographyBritt H. Rathbone, ACSW, LCSW-C, provides psychotherapy services to adolescents and their families in the greater Washington, DC, area. He is consistently voted one of the area's best therapists for adolescents, and actively teaches graduate students and trains other professionals on issues of adolescent development and clinical treatment. He has been providing dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) services to adolescents since 2002, and is cofounder of the Metro DBT Consortium. Julie B. Baron, MSW, is a licensed clinical social worker with expertise in treating adolescents and their families. Baron received her Master's in social work from Boston University School of Social Work in Boston, MA. She has worked with children, adolescents, and families in community-based mental health clinics, residential treatment, home-based settings, public and private school settings, and in private practice for over twenty years. Baron is known for providing effective treatment strategies in a manner that engages and empowers adolescents and their families toward meaningful change. Baron has written articles and provides trainings and workshops to parents, teens, school faculty, and mental health professionals on issues relevant to working with adolescents including adolescent social culture, bullying, and technology. She has particular knowledge and experience in understanding different learning styles and disabilities as well as a variety of social, emotional, and behavioral issues affecting children and adolescents. As a school counselor she developed and implemented comprehensive programming toward creating and maintaining safe and respectful learning communities. Baron is a member of the National Association of Social Workers. She provides individual, group, and family therapy as well as school advocacy services at Rathbone and Associates in Rockville, MD. Foreword author Rosalind Wiseman is the author of Queen Bees and Wannabes-the groundbreaking, best-selling book that was the basis for the movie Mean Girls.
- Author(s)Julie B. Baron
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width181 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £44.05Trending at £47.50
- £26.42Trending at £28.99
- £9.09Trending at £11.99
- £29.89Trending at £32.42
- £14.70Trending at £16.48
- £27.67Trending at £30.22
- £12.78Trending at £17.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.