All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn addressing the subject of the meaning of the letters and numbers on commercial fishing boats Stewart describes the fascinating history behind the registration system and how it operates today. This booklet includes a full list of the UK Ports of Registration and maps showing their locations.
- Author BiographyStewart Lenton graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering from Bristol University. Having developed a passion for flying in the University Air Squadron, he joined the RAF in which he spent 17 years and became a qualified flying instructor on both the Jet Provost and the Canberra aircraft. Photographic Reconnaissance was his main role during his RAF service. On leaving the RAF he became an Airline pilot for 23 years, working for a series of major airlines before retiring in 2001. Stewart enjoys an active life; he plays golf, is a member of the Plymouth Minster choir and the prestigious West Devon Chorale. He gives talks to local groups on a variety of subjects and along with his wife he was a founding trustee of the Plymouth Community Family Trust for which they held relationship education courses for couples in their home. He is also a qualified RYA Offshore Skipper. Stewart Lenton lives in Plymouth with his wife, Liz, who was an RAF doctor in Malta when they met.
- Author(s)Stewart Lenton
- PublisherChannel View Publishing Plymouth
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationPlymouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publishing Plymouth
- Content Note2 b&w diagrams, 2 b&w tables, 15 colour photographs
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.