All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe dispute over genetically modified organisms has brought the US and the EU into conflict. This book examines the dynamic interactions of domestic law and politics, transnational networks, international regimes, and global markets, through a theoretically grounded and empirically comprehensive analysis of the governance of GM foods and crops.
- Author BiographyMark A. Pollack is Associate Professor of Political Science at Temple University, where he teaches classes in international relations and European Union politics. He received his Ph.D. from Harvard University in 1995. He has also taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (1995-2004) and was Senior Research Fellow in the transatlantic relations program at the European University Institute in Florence, Italy (2000-2002). His research agenda focuses on the role of international institutions in the regional and global governance, with specific projects examining the delegation of powers to the supranational organizations in the European Union, the creation of new mechanisms for the governance of the transatlantic relationship, the global governance of genetically modified organisms, and the mainstreaming of gender issues in international organizations. Professor Gregory Shaffer is Melvin C. Steen Professor of Law at the University of Minnesota Law School. He was previously Professor of Law at the University of Wisconsin Law School, where he was also Director of the University's European Union Center and Co-Director and Senior Fellow of its Center on World Affairs and the Global Economy, and the inaugural Wing-Tat Lee Chair of International Law at Loyola University Chicago School of Law. Professor Shaffer is a recipient of two US National Science Foundation Law and Social Science grants for his work on the World Trade Organization, a Fulbright Senior Research Scholar for his study of transatlantic regulatory conflict and cooperation, and a Senior Research Fellow at the International Centre on Trade and Sustainable Development for its work on WTO dispute settlement and developing countries.
- Author(s)Gregory C. Shaffer,Mark A. Pollack
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2009
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight677 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.