All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA runaway planet hurtles toward the earth. As it draws near, tidal waves, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions wrack our planet, devastating continents and wiping out millions. A team of scientists race to build a spacecraft to escape the doomed earth. Their greatest threat, they discover, comes not from the skies but from other humans.
- Author BiographyPhilip Wylie (1902-71) wrote several classic works of speculative fiction, including Gladiator and The Disappearance, as well as a popular work of nonfiction, A Generation of Vipers. Edwin Balmer (1883-1959), an engineer, was also a writer of detective stories and speculative fiction. Introducer John Varley is an acclaimed science fiction writer and a winner of the Hugo and Nebula Awards. His books include Wizard, Demon, and Steel Beach.
- Author(s)Edwin Balmer,Philip Wylie
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- GenreScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleBison Frontiers of Imagination
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Introduction byJohn Varley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fantasy
Save on Fantasy
- £35.16Trending at £48.13
- £4.60Trending at £4.78
- £18.84Trending at £19.78
- £35.00Trending at £39.82
- £6.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.80Trending at £5.21
- £16.73Trending at £17.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.