Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet by Katie Hafner, Matthew Lyon (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £10.22+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £6.06Free P&P
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 28 Feb
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s, when computers were regarded as giant calculators, J.C.R. Licklider at MIT saw them as the ultimate communication device. With Defence Department funds, he and a band of computer whizzes began work on a nationwide network of computers. This is an account of their daring adventure.
- Author BiographyKatie Hafner is a technology correspondent at Newsweek and coauthor of Cyberpunk: Outlaws and Hackers on the Computer Frontier. Matthew Lyon and Katie Hafner are married and live in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Author(s)Katie Hafner,Matthew Lyon
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication20/06/1998
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note8pp b&w halftones
- Weight299 g
- Width135 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementTouchstone ed
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.45Trending at £11.05
- £6.68Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.