All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Christopher M. Driscoll
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2015
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations. Acknowledgements. Introduction: Sighting White American Religion in Twilight Times. Part One: Learning to Die. 1. In the Shadows of Whiteness: Giving Life (through Death) to a White Lie. 2. The White Man's God Complex: Most Americans, the (White) Power of Theism, and Beginning to Believe in Twilight. 3. Battling White Lies: Exaggerated Identity and the Twilight of American Religion. Part Two: Learning to Die with Others. 4. Accepting the Hell of Death: Narrating Sources, Methods, and Norms of a Limited Religious Outlook. 5. Rejecting the 'Gift of Death': White Social Responsibility in Twilight Times. 6. Requiem for Whiteness: Mourning, Freedom in Uncertainty, and the Final Embrace of Twilight. Postmortem: A Warning. Index.
- Author BiographyChristopher M. Driscoll is a Visiting Assistant Professor at Lehigh University, where his teaching and research explore race, religion, philosophy and culture-with attention to whiteness, hip hop, and existentialism/humanism. He is Co-Founder/Co-Chair of an AAR Group on Hip Hop and Religion and a contributing editor to Marginalia (LA Review of Books).
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
Save on Pregnancy Books
- £12.75Trending at £12.85
- £4.99Trending at £5.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.