All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £8.94
- £17.11Trending at £21.90
- £7.33Trending at £7.72
- £12.06Trending at £12.26
- £6.78Trending at £8.98
- £11.14Trending at £15.28
- £9.44Trending at £10.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhy Lyrics Last turns an evolutionary lens on lyric verse, placing the writing of verse within the human disposition to play with pattern. Boyd takes as an extended example the many patterns to be found within Shakespeare's Sonnets. There, the Bard avoids all narrative and demonstrates the power that verse can have when liberated of story.
- Author BiographyBrian Boyd, University Distinguished Professor in the Department of English, University of Auckland, is the world's foremost authority on the works of <otherauthor>Nabokov.
- Author(s)Brian Boyd
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Weight666 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.