CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionWhy Victorian Literature Still Matters is a passionate defense of the enduring impact of Victorian realism today. With a nod to the popularity of phrenology within that era, noted literary scholar Philip Davis points to a corner of the human mind where all Victorian literature resides.
- Author BiographyPhilip Davis is Professor of English Literature in the School of English, University of Liverpool, UK. He is the author of The Victorians and, most recently, Bernard Malamud: A Writer's Life . His other books include The Experience of Reading; Real Voices: On Reading , and Memory and Writing: from Wordsworth to Lawrence , as well as works on Shakespeare and Samuel Johnson. He is also editor of The Reader , a non-academic literary magazine aimed at the serious reader.
- Author(s)Philip Davis
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2008
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Manifestos
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.