All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows the origins, nature, and demise of colonial rule in East Africa and of the first fitful decades of independence. This title provides a story of shifting constellations of power over forests, beginning with African chiefs and forest spirits - both known as 'ax-wielders' - and ending with international conservation experts.
- Author BiographyThaddeus Sunseri is a professor of African history at Colorado State University in Fort Collins. He is the author of Vilimani: Labor Migration and Rural Change in Early Colonial Tanzania.
- Author(s)Thaddeus Sunseri
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleEcology & History
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteillus.
- Weight454 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byJames L. A. Webb
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.