All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in Jerusalem, 'Wild Thorns', an Arab novel, offers a glimpse of social and personal relations under Israeli occupation. Featuring unsentimental portrayals of everyday life, its deep sincerity, uncompromising honesty and rich emotional core plead elegantly for the cause of survival in the face of oppression.
- Author BiographySahar Khalifeh was born in Nablus in 1941. She entered into a traditional arranged marriage at 18, and after 13 years left her husband and began writing. Her first novel was confiscated by the Israelis, the second was first published in Cairo. She taught at the University of Iowa and Bir Zeit University, the premier institution of Palestinian higher education. She founded the Women's Affairs Center in Nablus, with additional branches in Gaza City and Amman. Wild Thorns is her third novel.
- Author(s)Sahar Khalifeh
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication17/06/2005
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byTrevor Le Gassick,Elizabeth Warnock Fernea
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £1.99Trending at £2.46
- £7.56Trending at £8.16
- £20.99Trending at £22.50
- £6.82Trending at £7.99
- £7.77Trending at £9.66
- £7.38Trending at £7.64
- £9.80Trending at £10.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.