All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo understand modern principles of sustainable management and the conservation of wildlife species requires intimate knowledge about demography, animal behavior, and ecosystem dynamics. This book weaves together these disparate elements for senior undergraduate and graduate students.
- Author BiographyProfessor John Fryxell currently teaches in the Department of Integrative Biology at the University of Guelph, Canada, where he has worked closely with a number of university and government scientists to develop sustainable conservation strategies for elk, woodland caribou, wolves, and marten. Previous to this he worked at the University of British Columbia and as Wildlife Consultant for the Provincial Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. His research has focused on the role of behavior in population and community dynamics of large mammals. He has a continuing interest in African wildlife, including long-term studies on the demography and spatial ecology of large herbivores and their predators in Serengeti National Park. Professor Anthony Sinclair is currently Professor Emeritus at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. He has been Director of the Centre for Biodiversity Research at the University, and a Professor at the Department of Zoology. He has researched Canadian subarctic ecosystems and worked on Canadian boreal forest ecosystems, in particular on cycles of snowshoe hares. He worked in the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania, Africa, on ecology and conservation projects for over 40 years. He has conducted ecological research on the Serengeti ecosystem of Tanzania, documenting multiple states in Serengeti savanna and grassland communities. He has also worked on endangered marsupial mammal populations and predation by exotic carnivores in Australia and similar systems in New Zealand.
- Author(s)Anthony R. E. Sinclair,Graeme Caughley,John M. Fryxell
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight1010 g
- Width190 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.