All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly detailed work reveals how the military and Indian policies of the early republic played out on the frontier, freshly revisiting a subject central to American history: how white settlers tamed the west-and at what cost.
- Author BiographyDavid Curtis Skaggs is a professor emeritus of history at Bowling Green State University. He is author or coauthor of twelve books, including Oliver Hazard Perry: Honor, Courage, and Patriotism in the Early U.S. Navy; Thomas Macdonough: Master of Command in the Early U.S. Navy; and A Signal to Victory: The Lake Erie Campaign, 1812-1814.
- Author(s)David Curtis Skaggs
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleJohns Hopkins Books on the War of 1812
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note14, 1 black & white illustrations, 12 maps, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £12.40
- £24.05Trending at £34.95
- £12.93Trending at £13.48
- £14.59Trending at £16.56
- £8.77Trending at £11.54
- £11.33Trending at £14.88
- £7.29Trending at £8.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.